and I would like to look like a tree with a lot of words instead of leaves. I haven't been very sucessful yet but every metamorphosis takes some time.
 
my favourite words

dirigible
insurmountable
abacus
disencrembulated
tightrope walker
unctuous liver
co-god
tantalize


Archives
archive


 
links:

my stories

In the Park

In the Coffee Cup

Orchard

Indole

interesting weblogs

Yet Another Graphomaniacs Compendium


Velký Zpevník

other links

K.H. Macha
MAJ


An open letter to bloggdom


the sea, the sea









babblebab
is a either a tree or a blog

A Door
here enter the real world
Meaning and other marginalia
 

 
'The glory and merit of certain men lies in writing well: that of certain others, in not writing at all.' La Bruere Characters (Of Books)

When I first read it I wondered where the glory and merit of women lied, then I reluctantly accepted this 17th century language sexism (especially as he praises women's writing quite highly) and started thinking about the information this sentence brings us. Isn't it clear that people do different things in their life and are good at different things? Or did he mean that some people had better not write and that is their greatest merit?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Sunday, July 28, 2002 1:43 PM

 
Powered by Blogger